COMPASS Placement Exam
COMPASS is a comprehensive, un-timed, computerized exam used to evaluate student's skills in math, reading, and writing for the purpose of placement. KSU’s Admissions Office determines if students are required to take all or selected components of the COMPASS Exam, based on SAT/ACT scores. Students not passing the required component(s) will be placed in the appropriate Learning Support Math, Reading and/or English class(es). Students who do not make the minimum required score will not be admitted to KSU. Students should contact an Admissions Officer with questions about why they are required to test (770-423-6300).
Minimum COMPASS Placement Scores: Kennesaw State University has minimum COMPASS Placement score requirements in each subject area that take effect in FALL 2012. Students who apply for admission for FALL 2012 or any term thereafter who score below the minimum scores will be ineligible to attend the University.
|COMPASS Area||Minimum Score||Learning Support Placement||Passing Score|
|Algebra/Math||20||20-36: MATH 0097 & 0098||37|
|English/Writing||32||32-60: ENGL 0099||61|
|Reading||62||62-77: READ 0099||78|
To Register for the COMPASS Placement Exam:
- Click here for Owl Express and follow these instructions:
- Enter your NetID and password
- Click on the Student Services Link..
- Click on Compass Sign-up.
- PLEASE NOTE: The COMPASS registration system populates the next four available test sessions. If you are unable to attend one of the test sessions currently available, please check back at a later time to register.
Day of the exam instructions:
- You must present an official, government issue picture ID such as your Driver's License, State ID, Passport or Military ID (work or high school ID not accepted)
- Know your KSU ID Number, issued by the Admissions Office
- KSU provides paper, pencil and calculator
- Cell phones and all other electronic devices must be turned off before entering the lab
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the lab
- Report to Kennesaw Hall, room 1209 at least 15 minutes prior to test time. The testing room is located on the first floor next to the outside patio.